Pulmonology is a broad speciality that deals with diseases of the lung, pleura, mediastinum, upper airways and allergies. Here, at SUT Pattom, we have a dedicated team who undertakes the early detection, diagnosis and prevention of respiratory illnesses in children, adolescents and adults on OPD as well as emergency basis.
Our department has a close association with critical care department and is involved in the care of patients on invasive and non invasive ventilation.
The respiratory team is well-trained in managing patients with respiratory emergencies like acute asthma, acute exacerbation of COPD, pneumothorax, hemoptysis and ARDS as well as state- of-the-art treatment for common respiratory illnesses.The department renders facilities for investigation and management of all sorts of infective and non-infective pulmonary diseases. Revised National Tuberculosis Programme (RNTCP) medications are provided at our hospital through the TB officer, Trivandrum medical college.
Features of our department:
- Asthma Clinic
- COPD and Smoking cessation clinic
- Allergy and immunotherapy clinic
- Sleep lab
- Pulmonary rehabilitation training
- Bronchoscopy and Medical thoracoscopy
- Interstitial lung disease/ Occupational lung disease evaluation and treatment
- Lung cancer screening programme
- Innovative surgical treatment for Emphysema
- Spirometry (PFT)
- Six minutes walk test (6 MWT)
- Allergen sensitivity tests – Food, General Allergy, Drug allergy.
- Immunotherapy- Sublingual and subcutaneous [ Omalizumab/ Mepolizumab]
- Bronchial artery embolisation for Hemoptysis.
- Polysomnography (Sleep study) and PAP titration.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation for COPD and ILD patients.
- Multidetector CT scan (MD CT).
- Low Dose CT thorax for lung cancer screening.
- USG thorax.
- Pulmonary angiogram.
- Intercostal tube drainage, pigtail drainage, indwelling pleural catheter insertion.
- Bronchoscopy- Bronchoalveolar lavage, biopsy and needle aspiration biopsy.
- Lung biopsy- Bronchoscopic and CT guided.
- Pleural aspiration and biopsy.
- Fine needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB).
- Pleurodesis- Talc, Betadine, Tetracycline, Bleomycin.
Timing: Monday, Wednesday & Friday 3PM TO 6PM
- Shortness of Breath
- Post Covid Cough
- Post Covid Fatigue
- Loss of Sleep
- Any other Symptoms related to Covid