The department of pathology at SUT Pattom offers a wide range of investigations with special emphasis on delivering timely and quality reports in accordance with international standards and guidelines to give precise and accurate test results.
It adheres to stringent external and internal quality control parameters of NABH.
Histopathology and cytology lab provides:
- Comprehensive histopathological diagnoses for all biopsy specimen .
- Special stains for all liver, skin and bone marrow biopsies
- FNAC- guided and non-guided
- Pap smear
- Cell block study
- Complete body fluid/ aspirate/ CSF analysis
- Interoperative diagnosis/ SQUASH cytology
- Immunohistochemistry and Molecular diagnosis in partnership with referral laboratory
24x7 Hematology services:
- Complete blood cell count by 5-part analyzer
- Coagulation analysis
- Bone marrow studies
- Other special tests for diagnosing different types of anemias and coagulation disorders.
- Quality Assurance - Internal Quality Control & Monthly EQAS programme
The Clinical pathology lab also provides 24x7 Service:
- Complete urine analysis
- Stool analysis
- Semen analysis
- Occult blood detection in stool